The Impact of Welfare Reforms
Authors: Andrew Clifton, Jane Noble, Jennifer Remnant and Joanna Reynolds
In this report Andrew Clifton and fellow researchers examine the impact of the recent UK Government's welfare reforms on mental health service users who live in the North East of England.
Their examination of the real human cost of welfare reforms found that:
- The current welfare system is unfit for purpose
- It is dehumanising / degrading for people to go through
- The process has a negative impact on health and wellbeing
- There is a negative impact on financial resources for service users
The publisher is the University of Huddersfield.
The Impact of Welfare Reforms © Andrew Clifton, Jane Noble, Jennifer Remnant and Joanna Reynolds 2013.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this paper may be reproduced in any form without permission from the publisher except for the quotation of brief passages in reviews.
- The Impact of Welfare Reforms PDF | 3.01MB