Chronic Illness & Citizenship
Mobilising a collective voice for social change
lead: Catherine Hale
with: jenny Lyus
This research project, which has been supported by the lottery funded DRILL project, aims to explore:
- How do people with chronic illness interpret the social model of disability?
- What does independent living mean for people who are excluded from participation due to severe illness?
- Can we mobilise the online chronic illness movement into a public platform for better representation and influence?
- What are the priorities of people with chronic illness for social change?
- What are the possibilities and obstacles for people with chronic illness to participate in disability rights movements?
The project will start later in March 2017.